10 Fall Skin Care Tips
by Dr. Steven Wallach
Fall is finally here, and that means it’s time to get ready for the changing season and all of the skincare needs that come with it! It can be tough to know what you should do when it comes to your skin. Luckily, we’re here to help. We’ve put together a list of 10 fall skincare tips so that you can stay soft and hydrated this season.
1) Start using a skin moisturizer with SPF every day. It can protect your skin from sun damage and prevent it from getting dry.
2) Make sure to exfoliate at least once per week so that you can remove dirt, oil, dead skin cells, etc., which all contribute to breakouts and other issues.
3) Drink lots of water! Hydration is key to soft, healthy skin.
4) Take advantage of the cooling fall air and try doing some outdoor activities like hiking or biking to help boost circulation in your skin, keeping it looking youthful!
5) Invest in a humidifier for your bedroom if you live somewhere with dry weather during this time of year. It can make sure you don’t lose hydration overnight while you sleep.
6) Purchase an exfoliating mask for your body. It will remove dead skin cells and help keep you hydrated, soft, and smooth.
7) Keep a bottle of lotion at work so that you don’t forget to moisturize throughout the day. Don’t forget to moisturize before bed, too!
8) Use a non alcohol-based toner after washing your face to help keep pores clean and clear while also removing excess residue from cleansers and makeup removers.
9) Make sure to stay away from products that contain alcohol which will dry out your skin instead of helping it! Look for moisturizers with ingredients like shea butter or cocoa butter.
10)Apply a face mask once or twice per week to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh.
- Use sunscreen in the morning if you’re going outside for an extended period of time! It’s always important to protect your skin from harsh elements like wind and sunlight which can all cause issues over time.
- Use a moisturizer daily before going to bed so that you can wake up with softer, smoother skin.
- When it comes to fall skincare, choose a cleanser that will get rid of dirt and grime while also hydrating your face. Look for ingredients like aloe vera or glycerin in this type of product.
- Remember that your skin will be more dry and sensitive during the colder months, so always make sure you’re only using products made for this time of year.
- Purchase a face scrub or washcloth to exfoliate with at least once per week. Don’t scrub too hard, though, since this can cause irritation and strip your skin of its natural moisturizers.
- If you wear makeup, consider switching to a makeup remover balm instad of wipes – it can help hydrate your skin with oil-based ingredients without drying or stripping. Make sure to wash with a gentle cleanser afterward!
Maintaining healthy, soft skin during the colder months can be difficult. To meet with our skincare experts and learn more about the best ways to take care of your skin, schedule an appointment at our New York office by calling or filling out our online form.
I Love Dr. Steven Wallach, hands up with praise and his receptionist Ashley and other staff is amazing. I love my new Wallach body if I could rate 100 stars I would.
New York, NY
I got Lipo 360 and Lipo done to my inner thighs and it was honestly the best experience . Everyone in the office including him make sure I knew everything that was happening and honestly I love the results so much !!
New York, NY
I’m so happy with the results from the Botox shots that Dr. Wallach performed on me. He spent a lot of time talking about the different fillers that would make my face look the most natural and youthful.