As a board certified plastic surgeon in New York City specializing in performing aesthetic procedures of the face and body, Dr. Steven Wallach does fat injections with finesse and expertise. Fat transfer has proven to be beneficial for the following procedures here at our practice:
- Body Contour Deformities After Surgery
- Brazilian Buttock Lift
- Breast Augmentation Deformities
- Breast Reconstruction Deformities
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Primary Breast Augmentation and Breast Reconstruction
The Key to a Speedy Recovery
Strict adherence to aftercare instructions is the key to a speedy recovery from fat injections. Following the procedure, a specific number of days will be recommended before you can resume normal activities of daily living. The length of time that you need for recovery depends of the specific procedure done and the type of anesthesia used during surgery. In some cases, you can even resume right away to your daily routine.
Furthermore, we urge our clients to take the following measures to ensure quick and fuss-free recovery:
1. Swelling and bruising is a normal occurrence during the 1st to 2nd week following surgery. Swelling can be reduced through cold compress. On the other hand, remember to avoid aspirin and similar nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as they could increase your risk of bleeding.
2. Light physical activity such as walking may be incorporated as early as 5 to 7 days after injections. Strenuous exercises could be done on the 2nd or 3rd week following surgery.
3. Stay out of the sun as much as possible. Sun exposure could only delay healing and increase your chances of scarring.
4. Consume whole food sources such as fruits, vegetables, and less processed meats. Veer away from highly processed stuff that are full of preservatives and void of beneficial vitamins and minerals needed for healing.
5. Get sufficient amounts of sleep as sleep is your body’s way of recharging and healing itself.
6. Adhere to follow-up visits.
Learn More About Fat Injections in New York and neighboring areas
If you would like to learn more about fat injections in New York, we invite to meet Dr. Wallach for a personal consultation! Contact our Manhattan office at (212) 861-6400 or by mail at 1049 5th Avenue, Suite 2D in New York, NY 10028. You can also fill out this contact form to request additional details.