A new year has just begun and looking back at rising gift giving trends last December, this ABC NEWS report talked about the rising number of plastic surgery gifts. Here at our New York cosmetic surgery practice, we have also seen such increase and noticed that such trends have even extended past the New Year celebration.
Not a Surprise at All
This 2011 report in the Wall Street Journal perfectly explained why it’s not a surprise at all that plastic surgeries spike around the holiday season.
“After many cosmetic procedure patients want to go underground during the days-long recovery period, which might involve swelling, bruising and oozing. The holiday season makes it easier to avoid interacting with others at work or in school car pools.”
Quick Guide for Would-Be Givers
It’s not too late yet to spread the holiday cheer with plastic surgery gifts. If you’re considering surprising a loved one with the gift of Botox or liposuction post-New Year, Dr. Wallach offers the following advice:
1. The idea of which procedure you should give should not come from you but from the recipient. Perhaps, your wife mentioned how she’s interested of getting Botox for crow’s feet.
2. Do your homework and research ahead of time about the risks, possible complications, and how to prepare for the procedure you’re about to give. Be well-informed and share what you’ve learned to your recipient.
3. Make sure that the procedure will be performed in an accredited facility.
4. Keep in mind that not all individuals may be qualified for a certain procedure. Figure out ahead if your recipient is an ideal candidate for the procedure you have in mind.
5. Be genuine in your intention of “gifting” such a procedure.
Let us help you choose the right gift for your loved one! Contact our Manhattan office at (212) 861-6400 or by mail at 1049 5th Avenue, Suite 2D in New York, NY 10028. You can also fill out this contact form to request additional details. We look forward to hearing from you!