Recover from a Facelift Like a Boss
by Dr. Steven Wallach
After every surgery there will be downtime where you have to rest and recover from the procedure. A surgery like a facelift requires effort and commitment from the patient as he or she heals. There are certain instructions that every
patient must follow in order to achieve the best results from the procedure, as well as to avoid common complications.
During your consultation with your plastic surgeon, you will be given specific aftercare instructions that you must follow religiously if you want to have a successful recovery from your facelift. Here are some tips:
- Keep your head elevated after your facelift. When lying down, prop your head up on two or more pillows. Avoid bending forward with your neck, especially during the first week after surgery.
- As much as possible, don’t strain yourself during the first two days. Before getting up in bed, flex and dangle your feet and legs at least three to four times every hour.
- To reduce swelling, apply ice packs on the surgical sites during the first two days.
- If pain or discomfort is present, take pain medications as prescribed by your doctor. Avoid alcohol while you are taking such drugs.
- Consume a light diet the day following your surgery. Start with liquids and slowly progress to Jello or soups. You can return to your normal diet the following day.
Get a facelift only from the best plastic surgeon in town. Book an appointment with Dr. Wallach by calling us at 212-861-6400 today. We’d love to hear from you!
I Love Dr. Steven Wallach, hands up with praise and his receptionist Ashley and other staff is amazing. I love my new Wallach body if I could rate 100 stars I would.
New York, NY
I got Lipo 360 and Lipo done to my inner thighs and it was honestly the best experience . Everyone in the office including him make sure I knew everything that was happening and honestly I love the results so much !!
New York, NY
I’m so happy with the results from the Botox shots that Dr. Wallach performed on me. He spent a lot of time talking about the different fillers that would make my face look the most natural and youthful.