Facial fine lines and wrinkles are some of the first signs of aging. Many people are now turning to Botox to fight their lines and achieve a younger appearance instead of going under the knife! There are several facial rejuvenation options available, but Botox remains one of the most popular nonsurgical solutions.
How Botox works
Botox is a popular treatment among both men and women. The neurotoxin used in Botox works by blocking the nerve signals that tell the facial muscles to contract. It is injected with the use of a small syringe into the facial muscle. Botox does not spread to reach the other areas of the face, so only wrinkle-causing muscles are affected. Besides working to correct the frown lines or wrinkles, Botox can also work to stop muscle spasms which are caused by some conditions like cervical dystonia and can be used to reduce sweating.
Botox results are not permanent, making it an effective treatment for those who are not ready to commit to long-term results with a surgical procedure. The results of Botox have proven to last about four months before a touch-up session is needed.
Advantages of Botox
When deciding which facial rejuvenation option is right for you, keep these Botox benefits in mind:
- Botox results are temporary, so you can stop receiving injections at any time.
- The skin will not be permanently altered, so it will go back to the original shape as time passes.
- The results of Botox are quick, appearing within just 5-7 days.
- It only takes a few minutes to administer Botox, between 5 to 10 minutes.
- The treatment is safe with very few side effects.
- Botox can be combined with other treatments like fillers or laser skin resurfacing.