A delicate area to discuss but yet a very popular area to treat, is the vagina. Vaginal rejuvenation has undergone many changes in the past several years, and many women are seeking procedures to improve the aesthetic appearance of this area. The most common area of concern involves the labia. Patients often request reduction of the labia. Other common procedures include clitoral hood reduction, labia major reduction and treatment of the mons pubis.
- What to expect after Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Benefits of Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Vaginal Rejuvenation FAQs
Clitoral Hood Reduction
The clitoral hood can lose its youthful appearance with time, and thus may become loose and hang over the clitoris. Rejuvenation of this region often requires excision of skin along each side of the clitoral hood to improve the contour of the skin covering the clitoris. This is a straightforward procedure that can really improve the appearance of the clitoral hood. This procedure is often done in conjunction with a labiaplasty. As a solitary procedure it takes about 30-60 minutes to perform and recovery takes a few days. Dr. Wallach recommends that patients avoid sexual activity for at least six weeks after this type of surgery.
A labiaplasty is a generic term referring to the rejuvenation of the labia. Most commonly this refers to improving the appearance of the labia minora. The labia minora are the two flaps of skin along the entrance to the vaginal vault. An important point to explain to patients is that it is normal that the two are asymmetric. However, some women are not happy with the size of the labia minora and wish to have them reduced. Several techniques are available to reduce the size of the labia using various forms of wedge excisions. This procedure takes about one to one and a half hours to perform, and recovery takes a few days. Dr. Wallach recommends that patients avoid sexual activity for at least six weeks after this type of surgery.
“As an expert in the field of plastic surgery, one of the most rewarding aspects of my career has been listening to my patients’ stories about how having plastic surgery has changed their lives.”
Labia Majora Reduction/Enhancement
The labia majora are the two thicker folds of skin and soft tissue adjacent to the labia minora. In those patients that have very fatty, thick labia majora, then liposuction or excision of portions of the labia majora can be performed. As women age, the labia majora may thin and cause the skin to become looser. Techniques including fat injection to “plump” them along with skin excision can restore a youthful appearance. This procedure takes about one to one and a half hours to perform, and recovery takes a few days. Dr. Wallach recommends that patients avoid sexual activity for at least six weeks after this type of surgery.
Mons Pubis Reduction/Enhancement
The mons pubis is the area found above the vagina or penis, and includes the skin and soft tissue pad on top of the pelvic bones. In some patients this area is too full, and therefore requires liposuction. In others that have lost a lot of weight or that have poor skin tone may have a mons pubis that sags. In this instance, excision using either a transverse wedge or a vertical wedge may be required. In addition, if the area appears deflated, fat injection may be indicated to “plump” the area. These types of procedures take about one to one and a half hours to perform, and recovery takes a few days. Dr. Wallach recommends that patients avoid sexual activity for at least six weeks after this type of surgery.
If you would like more information about Dr. Wallach and his success with New York City vaginal rejuvenation, we hope that you will not hesitate to contact our Manhattan offices at (212) 257-3263 or by mail at 1049 5th Avenue, Suite 2D in New York, NY 10028; or using our contact form to request additional details.
BODY PROCEDURE VIDEOS
- Liposuction Improve My Contour If I Am Obese
- Fat Accumulate In Areas Not Liposuctioned
- Fat Grow Back After Liposuction
- Fat Removed During Liposuction Be Used For Augmentation
- Common Liposuction Techniques
- Fat Can Be Removed During Liposuction
- Tummy Tuck and Liposuction
- Tummy Tuck Or An Abdominoplasty
- Mini-Tummy Tuck
- Mini-Tummy Tuck Instead Of a Full Tummy Tuck
- Body Lift
- Candidate For A Body Lift
- Body Lift Improve The Appearance of the Mons Pubis
- Upper Body Lift
- Recovery like after liposuction
- Ultrasonic liposuction
- Tummy tuck or liposuction
- Best liposuction technique
- Umbilical hernia repaired at the same time as my tummy tuck
- Recovery like after a tummy tuck
- Wear a special garment after liposuction
- Combine a tummy tuck with other plastic surgery procedures
- Liposuction under local anesthesia
- Liposuction fat be stored and then used another time
- Tumescent Liposuction
- Freeze Fat from Liposuction
- Tummy Tuck at the Same Time as a Brazilian Butt Lift
- Tummy Tuck Or Liposuction
- Liposuction Under Local Anesthesia
- Best Technqiue For Liposuction