Congratulations on getting the flat abdomen you have always wanted. Now that you can already wear tight-fitting tops without needing to hold your breath and your tummy in, it is time to flaunt your new figure. Better yet, do not just make it a one-time fame. Know how to maintain that gorgeous-looking tummy.
Of course, one of the best methods in maintaining a slim figure is to exercise. If you were not such a fan before you have had your tummy tuck surgery, now is the best time to join the fandom to fitness. Here are some exercises that will help you maintain that tummy for a long time.
- A week after your operation, light walking may be advised by Dr. Wallach depending on your condition and tolerance. During this time, you may be asked to wear an abdominal binder to prevent the accumulation of excess fluid in the surgical area.
- During your fourth week, you may already increase the length of your daily walk. Try adding 10 more minutes to your usual walking activity but make sure to keep your girdle in place as you do so.
- During the fifth week, you may try a more intense workout, but ensure that your exercises are only low-impact. You can go for elliptical machines this time to build your cardio endurance gradually.
- The sixth week will mean that you can already return to your exercise regime, if any, prior to your tummy tuck surgery. However, your body is still continuing to heal during this time, which is why it is still necessary to avoid high-impact exercises such as intense running or jump training.
- After eight weeks, you may resume higher impact workouts such as step aerobics and running routines. Light weight training may also be done, yet it would be best to be a little careful on your core muscles while they are still healing.
- After three months following tummy tuck, all activity may be resumed. You may already focus on your abdominal muscles to keep the area fit.
Tummy Tuck in Manhattan
Dr. Wallach is one of the most sought-after plastic surgeons in the area who can help you achieve the figure you have always desired. Call us today at 212-861-6400 to book an appointment with Dr. Wallach.