The fat transfer procedure is a safe way to effectively add volume and more definition to certain areas that are lacking. To do fat injections, Dr. Wallach will examine your tissue to see where areas with some extra fat are. This extra fat will be removed through liposuction. Once the fat is removed it will be placed and prepared for injection. Then Dr. Wallach will inject this fat into the treatment area. This is a great option for men because it offers a safe, effective, and hypoallergenic method to get a rejuvenated appearance.
First, local anesthesia is injected into the donor and treatment area. Then, fluids are injected in the donor site so that fat collection can be enabled. After collection, the fat is placed in a syringe and processed to make it perfect for injection. This fat is then injected into the treatment area. It is important that the amount of fat injected is more than the amount required since some of it will be absorbed by the body and with the extra fat cells, you will have the right volume to get the desired results.
There are several benefits of getting fat injections for men including:
- Body fat makes for a natural filler
- The procedure generally takes 1-2 hours
- The results from your fat injections can last anywhere from a few months to being permanent
- There is minimal to no downtime with the procedure
- Any discomfort from the procedure is minimal
- Since the procedure uses fat from your own body, you do not require any pre-testing and this fat cannot be rejected
- When you combine with other procedures like liposuction, it makes for a cost-effective procedure
It is important to understand that the results you obtain from fat injections are not permanent for everybody. There might also be side effects from the procedure, such as bruising, but most of these will resolve on their own within 1-2 weeks. Most swelling will resolve in 6-8 weeks. Since you are using your own body fat and tissue for the procedure there is no risk of an allergic reaction or rejection from your body.