A carefully planned plastic surgery will facilitate a healthy recovery on your end. Therefore, it is important to fully understand the recovery process as well as how to prepare for it. Dr. Steven Wallach, at the Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, recommends the following strategies to ensure a healthy and fuss-free recovery after your Manhattan plastic surgery.
1. Recovery times largely depend on the procedure you’re about to undergo. When planning what to do while recuperating from plastic surgery, consider how it will affect your family, career, and other social activities.
2. Always be realistic with your expectations. With all the bruises and swelling post-procedure, it’s a given you won’t look your best during the first few days following surgery. The results you expect will most likely appear after a week or two. Keep calm and allow the healing process to naturally take place. Yet, it is also equally important for you to be more observant of any unusual signs and symptoms. Call or see your plastic surgeon immediately if you suspect complications.
3. Avoid the sun at all costs for the first few weeks. If going outside is unavoidable, UV protection should be a priority.
4. Arrange for someone to assist you 24 to 72 hours following the surgery. While you may be able to manage yourself, it is always best to have extra helping hands around to aid you in a smoother recovery.
5. Adhere to your surgeon’s instructions and strictly follow them down to the tiniest detail. Whether it’s the best time to resume regular exercise or taking your prescribed medications, your plastic surgeon is the best source of advice when it comes to a healthy and safe recovery.
6. For surgeries involving the head or neck such as a face lift, neck lift or a brow lift, try to keep the area elevated to help reduce the swelling and hasten recovery.
7. Avoid taking over-the-counter medications which could interfere with the recovery process such as aspirin and other anti-inflammatory medications. Check with your doctor first if you really need to take medications other than the prescribed drugs.
Manhattan Plastic Surgery
For more information about Manhattan plastic surgery and how to recover well post-procedure, contact Dr. Steven Wallach, at the Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at (212) 861-6400 or by mail at 1049 5th Avenue, Suite 2D in New York, NY 10028. You can also fill out this contact form to request additional details. We look forward to hearing from you!