The year is about to end! It has been an incredible year for us here at our Manhattan plastic surgery practice and a significant number of men and women have benefited from Dr. Wallach’s expertise of various cosmetic procedures — ranging from breast augmentation to Botox to dermal fillers. Below is a quick rundown of the top plastic surgery news and stories of 2013!
1. Angelina Jolie’s revelation in this New York Times article about her preventative double mastectomy and breast reconstruction with implants.
Such revelation prompted women all around the world to explore their breast reconstruction options following mastectomy (removal of a section or entirety of breast tissue after diagnosis of cancer or in Jolie’s case, discovery of a faulty gene significantly increasing her risk of breast cancer; in which her mother suffered and eventually died from)
2. Julie Chen’s admission of having plastic surgery 20 years ago to make her Asian eyes “look bigger” and get the ball rolling for her news anchor career.
Chen further revealed that she had no regrets whatsoever of such decision.
3. Approval of MemoryShape silicone breast implants by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) last June.
Currently, there are 5 FDA-approved silicone implants, which women prefer for their more natural look and feel than their saline counterparts. Earlier in the year, the FDA also announced the approval of the Natrelle 410 Highly Cohesive Anatomically Shaped Silicone-Gel Filled breast implant for breast augmentation and reconstruction.
4. Botox approval by the FDA for improving the appearance of crow’s feet.
A decade ago, Botox has been approved for treating frown lines between the eyes and it was not only this year that it was officially approved for wrinkles at the corners of the eyes.
5. Juvéderm Voluma XC, Voluma for short, is the first filler officially approved by the FDA to temporarily correct sagging cheeks brought about by aging.
Get the Best of Manhattan Plastic Surgery in 2014!
Look and feel your best in 2014 by getting in touch with us for a personal consultation! Contact our Manhattan office at (212) 861-6400 or by mail at 1049 5th Avenue, Suite 2D in New York, NY 10028. You can also fill out this contact form to request additional details. We look forward to hearing from you!