by Dr. Steven Wallach
Botox is one of the safest facial rejuvenation procedures in the cosmetic surgery field today. Therefore, it’s no surprise that botox ranked first amongst the non-surgical procedure, with over 3.2 million procedures done in 2012. So how exactly should you ensure that you have the best outcome possible from your New York Botox sessions? We provide some strategies below:
- Get Botox for the right reasons. Botox is not some universal wrinkle remedy, which explains why there are lot of options apart from Botox out there — from fat injections to dermal fillers. Botox works for “wrinkles in motion” or wrinkles which are made visible when you smile, laugh, squint at the sun, or scrunch your nose. When it comes to fine lines that are more visible when your face is relaxed, dermal fillers are your best bet.
- Know what you are being injected with. Apart from reading labels, do not hesitate to ask questions.
- Make sure that you are knowledgeable of the risks that accompany the procedure.
- Fully commit to strictly follow the post-procedure instructions.
- Are you currently pregnant or breastfeeding? If you are, consider postponing Botox. While there is no solid evidence as to whether Botox could have negative effects on pregnant or nursing women, it is best not to take the risk.
- Find a qualified clinician to administer Botox. While it is non-surgical in nature, Botox is still a medical procedure which needs knowledge of facial anatomy and proper injection techniques.
- Avoid DIY Botox kits, bargain-basement Botox deals, and Botox parties. You may be lured by the lower costs of these deals but keep in mind that the people behind these activities are not trained in case you have a negative reaction from an injection.
For more information on safe and effective Botox in New York, contact our Manhattan office at (212) 861-6400 or by mail at 1049 5th Avenue, Suite 2D in New York, NY 10028. You can also fill out this contact form to request additional details. We look forward to hearing from you!
I Love Dr. Steven Wallach, hands up with praise and his receptionist Ashley and other staff is amazing. I love my new Wallach body if I could rate 100 stars I would.
New York, NY
I got Lipo 360 and Lipo done to my inner thighs and it was honestly the best experience . Everyone in the office including him make sure I knew everything that was happening and honestly I love the results so much !!
New York, NY
I’m so happy with the results from the Botox shots that Dr. Wallach performed on me. He spent a lot of time talking about the different fillers that would make my face look the most natural and youthful.